Who doesn’t love making cookies? Well, for our family, making cookies on various occasions, or with no reason at all, is a cherished activity! I have bought the 101 Wilton Cookie Cutter Set and there are more than enough cookie cutters for any occasion! But since I often think about little fingers and rare eggs, I tried to find a simple, eggless cookie recipe and it became our favorite one! It doesn’t spread and the cookies are perfect for icing and decorating! And it’s great to make our Christmas cookies or our edible Christmas gift, like our full of treats Santa’s Sleigh Cookie (learn how to make them!!)
Eggless cookie recipe ingredients:
– 370 g flour
– 165 g sugar which has been through the food processor or blender
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 225 g butter, cold
– 30 g cream cheese
How to make eggless cookies
- In a large bowl, mix the first four ingredients.
- Now add little by little the butter and knead with your hand. It will be a crumbled mix first. When you have added all the butter, mix in the cream cheese.
- Part the dough into two and wrap in clear wrap foil.
- Chill the dough for about half an hour.
- Roll the dough out as thin or thick as you like and cut out your cookies with your favorite cookie cutters. Mine are snowflakes, Christmas trees, and stars!
- Put the cookies on a baking paper-lined a baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 180 degrees C for about 8-10 minutes, until their light brown.
- Let them cool completely before decorating.
You can also put some crushed candy or small pieces of lifesavers inside the cookie cut out like we did! These look great, and they are the so-called stained glass cookies!!
This recipe is quite easy and such a healthy treat!!! And if you want a great, eggless icing recipe, check out our favorite one! Perfect for Christmas Cookies!
This post contains affiliate links of products I recommend, which means I may receive a commission if you click an ad link and purchase something, at no additional cost to you. Thank you!